Who said bright pink lips were just for blonde Barbie dolls?
For a very long time, I've been terrified of wearing, how should I put it, daring coloured lipstick.
As I've mentioned before, red lips used to be a scary thing for me. I would rarely ever wear red on my lips, for the very fact that they would draw attention to me, and I feared that for whatever reason, they wouldn't suit me, and I'd look ridiculous. How wrong I was!
My next challenge for myself? Bright pink lips. I'd admired one of my close friends for the fact she had the confidence to wear very bright lipsticks (her lippy's pinker than mine!) and I'd always thought it looked amazing on her - yet, for some reason, I doubted again what it would look like on myself.
So, I thought - you know what? I'm gonna do something new with my lips for a change. I always seem to pick out nude looking colours and clear lip-glosses for my usual make-up routine, always playing it safe and rarely being brave, but about a fortnight ago, I decided to jump out of my comfort zone. I bought the pinkiest shade I could find rummaged among the testers in the Boots aisle, and decided to take that risk of looking like a clown/barbie gone wrong..
I love the shade of pink, it didn't make me look like an alien, and I was even brave enough to wear it in the day!
Just to make sure I wasn't overdoing it, though, I decided to keep the rest of my face simple - understated eyes with just a little mascara. That's the general rule (I likely read somewhere) after all - if you're going for bold lips, keep the eyes basic, and vice versa for bold eyes.
But, in fairness, you wouldn't need to do much with the rest of your face anyway for a gorgeous lip colour like this - you want the focus on the lips after all, and they do the talking for you!
- Barry M Lipstick in Pretty Pink Shade 155
- Rimmel London Royal Gloss in 801 Gourmet
- Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro in 002
- Rimmel London BB Cream 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Make Up
- Maybelline New York Fit Me! (Shade 15)
- Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 (Shade Warm Almond 45)
- VIVO Highlighter
- Soap & Glory Trick and Treatment Under Eye Concealer
- Accessorize Face Powder in 'Soft Light'
- Lacura Beauty Powder Blush in 76 Sunset
- 17 Instant Glow in 'Light Bronze'
- Soap & Glory Arch de Triumph, Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping pencil
- Boots eyelash curler
- Rimmel London Lash Accelerator in 003 Extreme Black, Rimmel London ScandalEyes Mascara
Be bold and get your pout on!
Are there any lipstick colours you shy away from? What do you think of the barbie pinks? Do share!
Have a gorgeous weekend m'lovelies!